Sunday, January 10, 2016
Flash a Galaxy Note 3 with CyanogenMod
Root your device, first try the kingoapp app, here https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/how-to-root-galaxy-note3.htm. You'll need a Windows desktop. If this does not work go to
xda-developers.com, find your device and look under rooting. Alternatively use towel root app.
- Find your N9005 devices codename, not the model number. You're likely to be good using Unified (htlte). It worked with a n9005ZHUENH4.
- Install a recovery, get the rashr app from google play, select
your devices codename and choose which recovery you want, I recommend TWRP
Download CM, go to https://download.cyanogenmod.org/. Select your codename, then click the build you want, for 5.0 Lollipop, its
cm 12 , and for KitKat cm 11. https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hlte&type=snapshot
- Download essential Google apps here http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/reborn-gapps-t3074533 and decide which package you want (full, mini, micro, nano).
- Store CM and gapps zips somewhere you can remember in sdcard.
Reboot to recovery (hold home + volume up buttons).
Backup, select backup and follow the instructions to confirm.
- Wipe, select wipe and follow the instructions to confirm.
- Flash CM, select install, select zip from sdcard, find the cm zip and follow the instructions to confirm.
- Flash gapps, select install, select zip from sdcard, find the gapps zip and follow the instructions to confirm.